Google talk is one the best Instant messenger to keep in touch with friends and family. This article will teach you How to Use Gtalk2Voip. During past years I have completely switched over to Google talk for the simple reason that it work even at my office, supporting voip calls (PC to PC ). Its has a very simple user interface and is fully integrated with Gmail too, and also has no room for Spambots. Googletalk is best in voice clarity also, making it one of the most popular client for PC to PC voip calls.
However, now its very much possible using Voip gateway provided by gtalk2voip.com. Gtalk2Voip even provide the similar functionality for other messengers also like Yahoo , MSN etc.
How to Use Gtalk2Voip.
The whole process is very simple and can be configured with lot of ease. There is no need to download any extra software. Just follow the simple steps as mentioned in Gtalk2voip.com
1) Go to Gtalk2voip.com and add your googletalk id in the subscription box and click invite.
2) Accept the invitation in Googletalk messenger, and you are done.
3) A support bot of Gtalk2Voip will be added to your Google talk list which will help you place PC to phone calls directly from your Google talk messenger. In addition you will have a personal page at Gtalk2voip.com for a full control over your call settings. You can type “HELP” in the chat box, and you will get access to all the available commands.
Free Credit for trial Calls
You can log in to the forum and request for free credit to test the call clarity. The support members are very helpful, and will clarify any query you have.
Call 30 Countries for Free using Gtalk2Voip
Gtalk2Voip has now joined with Talkster and FreeRinger.biz to provide you free calls to over 30 destinations (check out this link for updated list ) .
Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Canary Islands, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States
To know more how to call to these countries for free from Googletalk using Gtalk2voip Click Here. However, below is the verbatim transcript on how to do that.
1) To start, launch Google Talk on your desktop
2) Add contacts the same way you usually do: click on the Add button to add a friend.
3) Type in the phone number of the person you want to call in the following format.
Use full phone number, including country code and area code:
Example: for UK, use firstname.lastname@example.org or for USA , use email@example.com
Please check out talkster supported countries.
4) You’ll get a confirmation from Talkster with instructions.
We assign a local Talkster number for your friend in their country. Your friends will use Talkster phone numbers to call-in to be connected with you.
5) If you are calling your friend on a mobile phone, he will receive an SMS with his Talkster call-in number for you. Otherwise, let him know the Talkster number by IM or email.
Make calls from your Google Talk
1) Click on your friend’s number in your Google Talk Contact List.
2) Click on the Call button to start the call with your friend
3) Talkster will dial out to your friend from Google Talk
4) When your friend answers, you will have 10 seconds to check to see if he’s available to talk. Tell him to hang up and call right back, using his local Talkster phone number for you.
5) You wait while your friend hangs up and calls back using his local number for you. (If he doesn’t know his number, send it to him by email or IM.)
6) As soon as your friend calls in, we connect you and you can talk as long as you want for FREE.
7) When you’re done, you just end the call!
8.) Tell your friend to save his Talkster call-in number in his phone so he can use it whenever you want to call him from Google Talk.
So here is way to make phone calls from Google talk , using Gtalk2voip. In upcoming posts I will be discussing about how to make SIP calls using Google Talk .