Awards Ceremony Concludes Successful Opening Day of New-Look SCF Event
London, UK – Thursday 23rd May 2019 SCF (Small Cell Forum) has announced the winners of the SCF Small Cell Awards 2019, recognising outstanding achievement within, and contributions to, the global small cell industry. The awards were presented at the Small Cell World Summit in London.
Open to the whole industry and judged independently of SCF by a panel of distinguished analysts, journalists and industry experts, the awards attracted entries from operators and vendors from across the world and the full spectrum of the mobile value chain.
“The volume and calibre of entries this year was tremendously strong and made for a lively judging process marked by spirited debate. The small cell ecosystem is buoyant, with new players and technologies gaining traction and establishing market share. Events such as this allow us to take stock of these changes and recognise the successful and ground-breaking work that is moving our industry forward. It also provides a platform to share recent successes, recommend best practice as well as identifying and removing the barriers to ongoing growth.” said Caroline Gabriel, Chair of the Judges and Research Director at Rethink Technology Research.
The full list of award winners is:
Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Urban)
- Airspan Networks and Sprint – AirStrand, The World’s Fastest Deployed Outdoor Small Cell
Excellence in Commercial Deployment (Enterprise)
- Nextivity – Cel-Fi QUATRA Supercell Helps Deliver Great Cellular Service to the Middleprise
Excellence in Commercial Deployment of Rural, Remote and Temporary Small Cells
- Parallel Wireless – Parallel Wireless ALL G Software Enabled Open RAN Connects on 6 Continents
HetNet Software and Services – Management, Automation and Orchestration
- Bence Command, Druid Software, ip.access, CellAntenna Corporation & Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service – Critical Communications via Portable LTE Small Cell Network Helps Emergency Services Save Lives and Protect the Environment
Development of New Architecture Providing a Clear Path to Future Networks (5G, Hyperdensity, vRAN)
- Nokia – Need for Extreme Capacity and the Promise of 5G mmWave
Commercial Small Cell Design and Technology (Network and Xhaul)
- SK Telecom – SK Telecom’s World 1st 5G NR RF Repeater Commercialisation for 5G Coverage Extension
Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Technology or Architecture
- Qualcomm – mmWave Coverage with 5G Innovation Supporting Small, Scalable and Cost-Effective Infrastructure
Outstanding Innovation in Small Cell Business Case
- Dense Air – Dense Air: Unlocking the Economics of Small Cell Deployment
Outstanding Contribution to Open RAN and Core Platforms and Ecosystems
- Benetel – Remote Radio Unit Product Supporting 7-2 vRAN Fronthaul Network
Social Impact – Promoting Small Cells for Social/Economic/Environmental Development
- Dense Air and Dublin City Council – Enabling Neutral Host Small Cells Providing Unrivalled Benefits to the City
Judges’ Choice – Sprint and Harmen – Beyond Connectivity
Chair’s Award – Graham Payne, Digital Colony
Individual Contribution to Small Cell Forum Activities (Voted for by the Working Group Chairs) – Dr. Clare Somerville, Intel Corporation & Samel Celebi, Qualcomm
SCF is driving network densification worldwide and encouraging the delivery of fully integrated HetNets.
We are a carrier-led organization. This means our operator members establish requirements that drive the activities and outputs of our technical groups.
We have driven the standardization of key elements of small cell technology including Iuh, FAPI, nFAPI, SON & services APIs, TR-196 evolution and the enhancement of the X2 interface.
Today our members are driving solutions that include small cell/Wi-Fi integration, SON evolution and automation, virtualization of the small cell layer, driving mass adoption via multi-operator neutral host, ensuring a common approach to service APIs to drive commercialization and the integration of small cells into 5G standards evolution.
The SCF Release Program has established business cases and market drivers for all the main use cases, clarifying market needs and addressing barriers to deployment for residential, enterprise, rural & remote, and urban small cells. For more information, please visit www.smallcellforum.org and follow the Small Cell Forum on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Temono for Small Cell Forum
T: +44 (0)20 7089 8896
E: [email protected]
Syndicated from http://www.realwire.com/releases/Small-Cell-Award-2019-Winners-Announced